When: July 15th, 2021 at 9:00 AM
Where: Grundy County Fairgrounds- Alumni Building (1308 4th St., Grundy Center, IA 50638)
- Wayne Fredericks- A Northern Iowa farmer who has done research on his farm for the Iowa Soybean Association.
- Jerry Hatfield- Former Director at the Agriculture Research Center in Ames, IA. Jerry will discuss the long term data from Wayne's farm showing increases in soil organic matter, profitability due to his use of strip tillage, cover crops, and no-till planting of corn and soybeans.
- Dean Sponheim- Also from Northern Iowa and owner of Sponheim Sales and Services. Dean got into no-till planting and cover crops as a business in addition to his farm operation. He is kind of a one stop shop for cover crops, arranging the purchase and application of cover crops.
- Tom Cotter- A farmer from Austin, MN, with a diverse operation of both conventional and organic soybeans and corn. He also has a cow/calf operation which he utilizes cover crops to feed his herd. Tom also grows commercial hemp.
- Faith Luce- Project Coordinator for the Black Hawk Creek Watershed Project. Faith will give a project update along with information on practices available for cost-share.
These speakers are very interesting and have a wealth of knowledge to share.
There will be a lunch served after the conclusion of the workshop.
Please RSVP by July 12th, 2021 to the Grundy County SWCD (319-824-364 EXT. 3)